Saturday, May 25, 2013

Peaceful Mornings

I always feel peaceful mornings are the calm before the storm. And before you know it.....their over. 

Milk dumped out on the I Pad, pillows and blankets spilled over the floor, the Disney channel rambling, and the phone ringing. But it's ok cause I'm a mom. Or am I? While I wouldn't give this up, there are days I wish I could run to the store without carrying in a toddler, diaper bag and purse. Then having to say an endless barrage of "no's" as things come off the shelves and racks. There are days I just want to go to the movies, or watch something other than a cartoon, or get some work done without interruption, or cook dinner without a child wrapped around my leg.

Then back to a peaceful morning. She sat on my bedroom floor presented the remote and said "TV". Then asked daddy to sit with her. Cuddles and love all around. Her smiles and endless kisses remind me she is the best baby. And she is all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment